- When creating an offer approval and entering some values in a standalone field on the template, the values in some fields on the offer approval template disappear once the offer is sent for approval.
- How should the standalone fields be configured to avoid this from occurring?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM)
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an offer approval.
- Enter some values in a standalone field on the template. For e.g here, Sign-on Bonus field.
- Send the offer for approval and see that the value present in the field disappears
This is a configuration issue. The standalone field Sign-on Bonus was configured incorrectly in the Offer Detail template. It was configured like the below example:
<field-definition id="signonbonus" type="number" required="false" custom="true" template-type="job-req" anonymize="false">
In this scenario the requirement is that the field "Sign-on Bonus" is a custom standalone field. However, the field was being configured as a job requisition template field.
Standalone Offer fields are described in Supported Fields for Offer Approvals section of the Recruiting Guide.
The Sign-on Bonus field could be configured as below:
<field-definition id="customLong1" type="number" required="false" custom="true" anonymize="false">
Please note that, the Offer Detail field types/ids that are "long" are actually coded to a particular type on the database level. The database do not support decimals in "long" data types. Consequently, any value specified in the decimal part of this field will be trucated once you save the Offer Detail. Refer to the KBA 2524471 - Decimal points in offer approval standalone fields are not getting saved for more information on how to work with decimal fields in an Offer Detail.
RCM, Offer, Approval, Fields, Disappearing, Disappears, Sent to Approval, Standalone , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAO , Candidate Offers, Offer Letters , Problem