- CREATE LOGIN allows user to supply an encrypted password so the plain text does not travel over the network.
- ALTER LOGIN does not allow user to supply an encrypted password.
- There are other commands which require passwords to be transmitted as plain text such as ROLE related commands; it would be consistent if those passwords could be encrypted as well.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise ASE 15.7 and onwards
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise ASE 16.0 and onwards
create login, alter login, encrypted password, sp_password. password, encryption , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Product Enhancement
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.