- Error: 696, Severity: 21, State: 1 is seen in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise errorlog.
Error 696 message is reported as:
"An attempt was made to fetch logical page '16' from cache 'default data cache'.
Page belongs to database 'tempdb_sa' (4), object 'sysobjects' (1), index 'sysobjects' (0), partition 'sysobjects_1' (1) and not to database
'tempdb_sa' (4), object 'sysindexes' (2), index 'sysindexes' (0), partition 'sysindexes_2' (2).
Restart of ASE will clear the error. Please contact your System Administrator for help.".
- The following steps were performed:
- Run diagnostics on OS/filesystem with no issues reported.
- Restarted ASE.
- Recreated tempdb devices with filesystems and migrated devices.
- Recreated filesystem and migrated devices.
Note: None of these steps are effective. Logical page errors return immediately after ASE is rebooted.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
corruption, recovery, dbcc checkdb, dbcc checkstorage , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.