You are trying to create an Expense Report and it cannot be submitted due to the error message: Intercompany posting not allowed; Cost Center belongs to a different company.
Reproducing the Issue
Scenario when the Employee or Travel Assistant creates an Expense Report.
- Go to the Travel and Expenses Work Center.
- Go to the Travel and Expenses view
- Create an Expense Report (travel related or not)
Scenario when a Auditor creates on behalf of the employee the Expense Report.
- Go to the Auditing Work Center.
- Go to the Expense Reports view
- Press the link Create Expense Report or Claim Non-Travel-Related Expenses.
The issue might be related on how the employee was replicated or the data that the employee is trying to use in the cost assignment.
Two possible causes:
- Employee using wrong Cost Center
If the employee is trying to use as Cost Assignment a Cost Center that does not belong to the same company the error message will be shown. Intercompany assignment are only allowed for Cost Assignment as Other Cost Objects (e.g. Internal Order, Network, Project, etc).
- Employee replicated incorrectly
Check if the employee country matches the company ID associated to its record.
- Go to the Cockpit Work Center.
- Go to Active Employees link under Master Data Replication
- Search for the employee
- Click to open the employee details
- Look under Employment Data column, if Company assigned belongs to the country assigned to the employee (this relation can be verified at Edit Company Codes screen at Cockpit Work Center)
If the company and country do not match, it is necessary to replicate the employee again.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To