- You have Custom sections configured in your PM Template and you're using a drop down menu with different values for a custom field (applies as well to any other type of custom field, e.g. text/textarea)
- You're reporting on PM form via ad hoc and want to see the content from this custom field
- e.g. as in the screenshot, you would want to see "Satisfied with current position", if you choose this value in your PM form
- For this example your default language would be German
- The value displayed is in your Ad hoc report is unexpected, e.g you're seeing the values only in German in your Ad hoc report, nevertheless that the value is displayed in English in your PM document
- You're using message keys in order to pull in the translations to your PM template for this custom field, so in this example German would be the default language and English would be translation
- Performance Management
- Analytics - Ad hoc
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Performance Management ad hoc report
- Select the PM template you want to report on
- Select the users you want to report on
- Click on Columns and then on "Select Columns"
- Click in the pop up window on the arrow next to "All Columns"
- You will see a drop down
- Choose everything you need for your report as e.g. Template Name, Subject Username, etc.
- Afterwards select "Section Fields" as well
- On the right - select the fields "Section Custom Field Name" and "Section Custom Field Value"
- Click on "Done"
- Click on "Preview"
- In the "Preview" you will now see the values for all selected fields
- The values you see in either "Section Custom Field Name" or "Section Custom Field Value" do not match the content of your PM document
- You are not using a regular rating scale in the custom section of your PM form, but a different type of configuration in order to be able to select values from a drop down menu
You will see in ad hoc report always the exact content of the custom field that is hard coded in your PM template configuration, not the translation that is being pulled in via message keys
e.g. <elist-value><![CDATA[Zufrieden mit der aktuellen Position]]></elist-value> versus the translation coming from your message key "Satisfied with current position"
If you wish to see this feature added to the product please provide feedback to the Product Management team via the Customer Community (http://community.successfactors.com/) where other customers will also have the opportunity to support your functionality request.
2090228 - How to submit enhancement requests for SAP SuccessFactors products
evalue ekeys ename elist-value elist-element elist-name fm-element , KBA , LOD-SF-PM-REP , Reporting & Analytics, Data Imports & Exports , Problem