You have created a new purchase order with Note Type - Approval Note and Saved the purchase order document. Now you want to delete this note type Approval Note from the purchase order. However the Delete button is grayed out and you cannot delete this approval note.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center
- Go to the Purchase Orders view
- Select the In Preparation Purchase Order
- Select View All and navigate to Notes tab
- Select Add Row and enter the Note Type Approval Note
- Save the Purchase Order
- Now Delete button is grayed out and you cannot delete this approval note
The approval note here is used to communicate the comments from purchaser to approver and also back from approver to purchaser. When approver sends some comments, we should not allow the deletion of this note which is why its disabled. It clearly helps the purchasing team whether the note was created by approver or by purchaser and hence the Delete button is disabled and you cannot delete the approval note.
This is the designed behavior.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To