- Involves a multi-threaded application using C#/VB.NET, ASP.NET.
- Under certain situations, when client timeout occurs and ASE (pre SP12X) is un-responsive to cancel requests due to command timeout ASE ADO.NET Provider will close connection to ASE after 2X command timeout duration
- Connection should then be removed from pool.
- Instead the connections are marked dead and remain in the pool.
- As a result subsequent threads requesting connection via Open() call receive the bad connection.
- Upon execution of command to ASE the AseException is thrown: Err# 30004, "Connection does not exist".
- This eventually cascades to more thread requests and renders the web application useless.
- Adaptive Server Enterprise ADO.NET Data Provider pre 15.7 SP127
- 2.0 Provider ( Sybase.AdoNet2.AseClient.dll )
- 3.5 Provider ( Sybase.AdoNet35.AseClient.dll )
- 4.0 Provider ( Sybase.AdoNet4.AseClient.dll )
- 4.5 Provider ( Sybase.AdoNet45.AseClient.dll )
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 and 16.015.7 ESD#3, #4
- Solaris x64
- Development platform: MSDEV 2005+ (using 2012 for repro)
- C# or vb.net code with ASP.NET, Windows 2008 R2 x64
- IIS 6.0+
Connection Dead, hang, FIN_WAIT, CLOSE_WAIT, Software Developers Kit, Adaptive Server Enterprise, SDK for SAP ASE, 764227, CR#764227, CR764227 , KBA , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.