- Goals from last year are showing on new performance forms.
- Incorrect goals showing on the performance forms.
- No goals are showing on the PM form
Reproducing the Issue
New performance forms are getting last years goals, or goals from the incorrect plan.
The performance template is linked or connected to the wrong goal plan, typically last year's goal plan. Usually because the administrator copied the PM template from last year and forgot to create the new goal plan and link it to the new performance template.
PM form linked to incorrect goal plan
- This is common when the admin copies a PM form and forgets to change goal plan association. Or the administrator can accidentally link a goal plan to the wrong goal plan. Users start entering goals into the form, which in turn are now getting stored in the wrong goal plan it is linked to. When viewing the correct goal plan no goals are showing.
- It is impossible to change the goal plan linked in live PM forms. You must delete PM forms, and relink to correct goal plan.. or leave as is and move goals into the goal plan it is linked to.
- Can be tricky to resolve as the administrator needs to correct the PM template first, or use goal export and import to get goals to right plan.
- Goals entered into the wrong goal plan now need to be transferred over to the correct goal plan before you allow users to continue using the form.
- This could be done by exporting the goals for all users, and then reimporting the right goals into the right goal plan via goal import tools, or by asking each user to transfer their own goals.
- After goals are imported, you might need to use "open&save" feature on the PM template via admin tools.
- If no goals populate into the forms, then maybe an invalid goal plan has been connceted to your goal section.
KBA , LOD-SF-PM , Performance Management , Problem