In Employee Profile v11, customers could use a Behavior portlet to show ratings coming from Performance Forms inside their profiles. With v12 Employee Profile implementation, this portlet will disappear, however it still is possible to add this portlet in the v12 Employee Profile.
SuccessFactors Employee Profile
To enable this functionality, it is necessary to go through a Configuration Change in the XML code of your instance. Please contact SuccessFactors Product Support to apply the required changes.
After the Behavior Portlet is added in your instance, it is necessary to grant permission for users to see it in Employee Profile.
If you are using Administrative Domain permission, it is necessary to go through a Configuration Change in the XML code of your instance to grant permission for this functionality. Please contact SuccessFactors Product Support to apply the required changes.
If you are using Role-Based Permission, you can grant permissions by following the below steps:
- Go to Admin Tools > Set User Permissions > Manage Permission Roles
- Select the permission role you would like to grant this permission
- Click in “Permission” button
- Add “View” and/or “Edit” permission to “Behavior Portlet”:
Adding the portlet in the Employee Profile
- Go to Admin Tools > Employee Files > Configure Employee Files
- Select a view name
- Click on "Insert Portlet" under “Background Elements”
- Insert the Behavior portlet
- Click on "Save Dashboard"
Login the system again to make the changes effective. Now you are able to view the Behavior Portlet in v12 Employee Profile.
How value is populated in Behavior Portlet
- Go to Admin Tools > Employee Files > Configure Employee Files:
Only forms configured to use behaviors will push values to the behavior portlet.
Values in Expected Rating are pulled from Families and roles option:
Sometimes the Expected Rating values can be pulled from form expected rating for the competency, which can be enabled by checking the option "Use On-form Expected Competency Ratings" under Admin tools > Dashboard/Reports > Process and forms > Select the default form.
Note: Processes definition can be found by going to "Admin Tools" > “Processes and Forms”. It includes Form Templates, Succession Data and Goal Templates.
KBA , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , How To