- Is there a difference between unfollowing and leaving a group?
- What happens if I leave a group?
- What happens if I unfollow a group?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- When a user is following a Group updates will appear in the users 'Feed Updates' list in each Group and also in Feed Updates on the users 'Home' tab.
- On a Groups' Overview page users have the options to 'Stop Following This Group' or 'Leave Group.'
Unfollowing a Group
By unfollowing a Group any updates (from that Group) will no longer appear in the users Feed Update on their Home tab. The Group will still appear in the users 'My Groups' section. A user can unfollow a group but still be a member of the group. Why would a user decide to unfollow a Group instead of leaving the Group? A Group could be very active and therefore the users Feed Updates list would be extremely busy and other updates getting 'pushed down' the Feed Updates list quickly. If the user wants to view the Group they can access it from their 'My Groups' section.
Leaving a Group
By leaving a Group the user is no longer a member of that Group. The Group will no longer appear in the users 'My Groups' section, in the Feed Updates on the users Home tab and the user will no longer receive any notifications from that Group that the user might have set. A user might leave a Group if they find that a particular group and/or their feed updates are not relevant to them.
Leave unfollow group notifications, feed , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , LOD-JAM , SAP Jam , Problem