You defined the Incoterms and Incoterms Location in the account master data for a certain sales chain combination. But when creating a sales order for this account, after setting the sales unit and distribution channel, the corresponding Incoterms and Incoterms Location are not taken from the account.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Create new sales order and put account, sales unit, distribution channel and other required data.
- Click View All, you find the Incoterms and Incoterms Location are missing in General tab.
The Incoterms are determined from the Ship-To Party.
Incoterms and Incoterm Location will get identified on the basis of Ship-To only when correct sales org and distribution channel are determined automatically. In this case, the sales unit determination is not set, so system failed to determine the sales unit and thus failed to identfied the Incoterms and Incoterms Location.
Please Note: If the Ship-To Party on header level is the same as on Item Level, the changes on the header will cascade to the Item. If the Ship-To on Item level is not the same as the Ship-To on header level, the changes on header level in the General tab will not be cascaded to this item since it is being shipped to a different Ship-To party. The incoterms on Item level are then brought over to the customer demand, as this is where we are selling to.
You have to maintain a rule for sales unit so that when creating the sales order the sales unit can be automatically determined.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- In the Find fields, search Involved Parties for Sales Orders.
- Open it and select Sales Unit row.
- Click buttom Maintain Determinations and maintain a rule as per your business requirement.
Afterwards, when creating new sales order, the sales unit can be determined automatically and the Incoterms and Incoterms Location can be picked from account master data.
Incoterms, Account, Sales Order , KBA , csg_q , SRD-CRM-ORD , Orders & Contracts , How To