- In SM50/SM66 some work processes are waiting for locks, showing STOP/ON HOLD status with reason ENQ and program SAPLSENA.
- Error "Operating system call recv failed" (at the system log - transaction SM21)
- Exception CONNECT_TO_ENQ_SERVER_FAILED is occurring in ST22 (RAISE_EXCEPTION shortdump)
- The following (or similar) entries are observed at the "dev_enqio_<IO thread number>" or "dev_enqlisten" trace files:
[Thr <number>] *** ERROR => NiCreateHandle: no more free handles (XXXX)
[Thr <number>] *** ERROR => NiIAccept: NiCreateHandle (rc=-8)
[Thr <number>] SiSelEPAdd: maximum of sockets reached (<connections>)
[Thr <number>] *** ERROR => NiBufISelUpdate: set failed for hdl 5763 set1; maxSockets reached (<connections>)
- System is hanging with poor performance and high response times.
- The Standalone Enqueue server is slow, most enqueue requests were delayed.
- SAP NetWeaver
- Client/Server Technology - Standalone Enqueue Server (ENSA)
ASCS, Standalone, Enqueue Server, ENSA, SCS, Stand alone, ENQ , KBA , BC-CST-EQ , Enqueue , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.