You are receiving incorrect start date information from Odata API response for dependants data in an older timeslice.
This happens changes to the effective date are made for Dependants under Personal information screen.
This is observed with any of the effective dated API. In this scenario, We use the Odata API entity "PerPersonRelationship"
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Reproducing the Issue
The demo here is shown using a successfactors demo instance.
1. For the example employee abc123, we can see from Personal information screen that there are 3 dependants.
2. Click on the History button above and add a new dependant.
Enter an example date "06/21/2015" hit on "Proceed"
3. Enter First name, Last name and Relationship type - Press Save.
4. Now, Go back to the previous screen (Personal information) and we should see dependants there.
5. Click on "Edit" and edit some information of the information for the dependant as shown below with a different date.
6. This change should add a new timeslice for 23rd of June and this is verified from History again
7. Now, run the ODATA API call to check if the response is correctly populating.
From the API response, It is noticed that the changed data (ie change of data) is correctly returned.
This is the standard system behavior. The changes made in the "Edit" screen only apply to the edited record and not for all the timeslices.
1. To modify the start date for all dependants, A new timeslice must be introduced. This is done by going to "History" and select "Insert New Record" (Shown Below)
2. We will now change the effective date and change the First Name.
3. This change adds a new timeslice.
4. The new timeslice is added and the changes that are made are correctly popualted.
5. The effective date is returned for all the dependants for the timeslice and change in the First Name is also displayed correctly.
Dependant information, OData API , KBA , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , LOD-SF-INT-ODATA , OData API Framework , Problem