What is the definition of Effective Date and Basis Date in a curriulum as one of these is required to enter?
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System
- If the Initial or Retraining Basis is Calendar, then the system uses the basis date to calculate the periods and the item's required dates.
- If Initial or Retraining Basis is Event, then the system does not use the value in the Basis Date box.
- Instead, the system uses the event date to calculate only the next period and, therefore, the item's next required date.
- If another "event" occurs, the system uses that event date to calculate the subsequent period and the item's next required date.
- The system uses the value you type in the Effective Date box to calculate the overall status of the curriculum.
- If any item in the curriculum has an effective date in the future, then the system skips that item when it determines and sets the curriculum status.
Example: A user who has successfully completed all of the items in a curriculum and whose current status for that curriculum is Complete. If you add a new item to the curriculum and set the effective date to something in past, then the system changes that user's status to Incomplete. If you want to add a new item and do not want to change the user's current curriculum status, then set the effective date for that newly added item to sometime in the future. At that future date, if the user hasn't completed the new item, then the system changes the status of the curriculum.
Note: Admins can get additional information through the embedded LMS Help Documentation, found by clicking on the Help icon on each page.
Scroll down to the References section for related articles
SF, successfactors,LMS, curriculum, curricula, basis, effective, date, required, , KBA , lms , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , LOD-SF-LMS-CUR , Curricula , How To