- On SAP NW 7.4 / 7.5x systems running SAP ASE 160 SP03 PL0x: CUDF functions are not found and/or CDS views cannot be activated.
- This problem maybe seen on :
- new installations installed via SWPM and updated using SUM soonafter
- new installations installed via Homogeneous System Copy
- existing installations after a SUM upgrade and/or SPAM update and/or ASE upgrade
- Errors are reported during SUM or after SUM/SPAM/ASE update is completed.
- During SUM upgrade phase: PREP_GENCHECKS/SYB_CHECKS_ASE_16UPGRADE or PREP_GENCHECKS/SYB_CHECKS_ASE_1603UPGRADE
EXECUTING /usr/sap/PG1/update/SUM/abap/bin/SAPuptool execdb ../var/SYB_CHECKCUDF.TSQL
Logging to '/usr/sap/PG1/update/SUM/abap/log/SYB_CHECKCUDF.LOG'
1EETQ008 Error message: DBSL error 99 (db code 14216):
1EETQ009X[ASE Error SQL14216]Function 'CUDF_VERSION' not found. If this is a
1EETQ009XSQLJ function or SQL function, use sp_help to check whether the object
1EETQ009Xexists (sp_help may produce a large amount of output).
1EETQ003 exit code: "20"
SAPup> Process with PID 17744 terminated with status 20 at 20200130170216!
- After SUM has completed, at the end of the SUM process, file LONGPOST.LOG reports an error in the RUN_RUTDDLSCREATE phase, like in this sample:
### CURRENT PHASE: RUN_RUTDDLSCREATE
1PEPU203X--> Messages extracted from log file "RUTDDLSCREATE.DG1" <(><<)>--
A3PEDDU 705 "DDL Source" "DEMO_CDS_SQL_FUNCTIONS" could not be activated" "
A3PEDDU 705 "DDL Source" "SADL_SB_AUNIT_SFLIGHT" could not be activated" "
A3PEDDU 705 "DDL Source" "SEPM_P_ADDRESS" could not be activated" "
A3PEDDU 705 "DDL Source" "SEPM_P_ADDRESSHELPER" could not be activated" "
A3PEDDU 705 "DDL Source" "SEPM_P_CONTACTPERSON" could not be activated" "
A1PEDDLS 047X"5" DDL views could not be generated
- When the system tries to regenerate any of these views, below errors are displayed:
[ASE Error SQL14217][SAP][ASE ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]
SQL function not found. If you are attempting to call a java UDF, Java
services are not enabled.
DDL Time(___1): .........3 milliseconds
The SQL statement was not executed
Statements for View <CDS_VIEW_NAME> could not be executed
Request for <CDS_VIEW_NAME> could not be executed
[ASE Error SQL14216][SAP][ASE ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]
Function '<FUNCTION_NAME>' not found. If this is a SQLJ function or SQL function, use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce a large amount of output).
- The views cannot be activated due to missing CUDF functions. The functions are not present on the database when checked via t-code SE11 or via isql.
- Missing functions include: 'SAP_CONCAT', 'CURRENCY_CONVERSION', 'DATS_IS_VALID', 'TSTMP_ADD_SECONDS', 'CUDF_VERSION'
- Error messages include: SQL14217, SQL14216, SQL3701, SQL11021, SQL208
- When executing report RUTDDLSACT for any of the views, below error is reported:
DROP VIEW '<CDS_VIEW_NAME>'
[ASE Error SQL3701][SAP][ASE ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]
Cannot drop the view '<CDS_VIEW_NAME>', because it doesn't exist in the system catalogs.
- For missing CDS objects result in ABAP short dumps in CL_DD_DB_VIEW_SYB, see SAP KBA 2736522
- For SUM upgrade failures where CDS objects cannot be rebuilt due to missing CUDF script (Error: cudf create script was not found), see SAP KBA 2734034.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP03 for Business Suite
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) 7.4, 7.5x
- SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) 6.0
- SAP Customer Relationship Management (CRM) 7.0
- SL Toolset - SUM SPAM latest SP
SQL14217, 14217, SQL3701, 3701, SQL14216, 14216, SUM, SAP_CONCAT, DATS_IS_VALID, missing, views, activation, RUTDDLSACT, RUTDDLSCREATE, SETUP_CUDFS, saphostctrl, CDS, 'CURRENCY_CONVERSION', 'TSTMP_ADD_SECONDS', inactive, CUDF, functions, SQL11021, SQL208, PREP_GENCHECKS/SYB_CHECKS_ASE_16UPGRADE, PREP_GENCHECKS/SYB_CHECKS_ASE_1603UPGRADE , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.