You have created a supplier invoice or goods and services receipt (GSR) with cost assignment to an individual material. Nevertheless the document cannot be posted due to errors concerning a profit center.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Source Documents subview.
You find the concerned un-posted invoice or GSR with the following messages:
- Define a default profit center for company <company ID> (<company name>) and subledger Fixed Assets
- Profit center for posting derived from asset <company ID>-<asset ID> and posting date <date>
- Defaulting profit center for Goods and Services Receipt <GSR ID> and subledger Fixed Assets
The profit center assignment validity to the fixed asset starts after the posting date of the supplier invoice or GSR document.
Therefore the document appears as unposted source document as the profit center assignment cannot be identified on the desired acquisition posting date.
If the fixed asset has been created manually and there have not been any previous acquisition postings for this Fixed asset, meaning the fixed asset is not capitalized yet:
Either extend the profit center assignment interval start date in the Fixed Asset Master data:
1. In the fixed Asset navigate to the Master Data - Basic Data tab.
2. Press Add Row and maintain the Interval Start Date on or before the posting date of the supplier invoice/ GSR.
3. After this post the source document in the Source Documents view of the General Ledger via Actions - Post Business Transaction.
Or post the source document on or after the start date of the profit center assignment interval:
1. In the Source Documents view of the General Ledger choose Actions - Post Business Transaction to another period.
2. Enter an Alternative Posting Date on or after the interval start date.
3. Press OK.
If the Fixed asset has already been capitalized then the supplier invoice/ GSR can only be posted on or after the latest acquisition posting date of the fixed asset:
1. In the Values tab of the fixed asset go to the Journal sub-tab.
2. Here check the posting date of the latest acquisition.
3. The new supplier invoice/ GSR can only be posted on or after this posting date as described above.
default profit center; subledger fixed assets; organizational assignment; profit center accounting; segment accounting , KBA , organizational assignment , profit center accounting , segment accounting , subledger fixed assets , default profit center , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To