You have a first implementation project in a test system. Now, you want to close this first implementation project in the test system. But there is no Close Project button and Close Project activity.
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center
- Select the Implementation Projects view
- The First Implementation project is in Tested status
In the following tenant types, the status Tested is the last status of a first implementation project :
- Initial test tenants, through which a productive system was created
- Standalone test tenants
The prerequisite to perform the Close activity in a first implementation project is to perform the Go-Live activity. Therefore, it was decided to remove the Close activity for the first implementation project in a test tenant.
It is very important to know how you want to use this test tenant in the future.
If you want to use an (initial or non-initial) test tenant as standalone test tenant without connection to the production tenant, it is not a good approach to close the first implementation project in the test tenant. In this case, the first implementation project has to remain open for immediate changes or scoping/fine-tuning changes in the project. After closing the project, any business configuration changes are no longer possible. Since the first implementation project in a test system hasn't a live status, it is also not possible to create change projects in this system. So it is not possible to perform any changes in this test tenant anymore (You may have to reset to status Tested. This is possible via the Activity List).
If you want to use an initial test tenant as remote test system with connection to the production tenant, so that you can use it to work on remote change projects, then terminate the initial test tenant, create a change project in the production tenant and request a new test tenant as copy from productive tenant with the created change project.
- Request a termination of the system which has the First Implementation with status "Started" or "Tested"
- Request a new system with copy of production
- Then copy the solution profile
- If you want to use a non-initial test tenant as remote test system with connection to the production tenant, you may open an incident and ask SAP Support to close the project. However this is not a recommended option because there is a potential risk of data mismatch between the test and production system. Often a standalone test tenant is an older one with older test data. If a user copies a change project from the production to the standalone test tenant then maybe the test data in the test tenant do not fit to the configuration copied to the test tenant. In this case, the test tenant cannot be used and may end up in data inconsistency with configuration. So the better way is to setup a fresh test tenant as full copy from the production tenant so that the data are actual and afterwards copy the solution profile.
First Implementation project, Project status is Tested, Close Project, Tested status, First Implementation Project in Test tenant , KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To