You created/hired an internal employee in your system and observed that a business user was automatically created for it. Your expectation is that a user is only created when explicitly required, not by default.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
In SAP Cloud for Customer:
- Go to the Administrator work center;
- Click the Employee link;
- Create new employee;
- Save the employee;
- Back in the Administrator work center, click the Business Users link;
- Searching for the created employee, you can see a business user was created for it.
In SAP Business ByDesign:
- Go to the Personnel Administration work center;
- Click the Hire Employee link;
- Proceed with the hiring process;
- Once done, go to the Application and User Management work center;
- Click the Business Users link;
- Searching for the hired employee, you can see a business user was created for it.
For internal employees, a business user is always created by default. These users don't count for the license fee calculation as they are not automatically valid — they only count if the validity is adopted, business roles get assigned, etc.
For external employees such as service agents and partner contacts, the user creation only happens on request.
This is the standard system behavior.
Business User, Employee, Creation , KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To