- Incorrect data set returned in Lumira.
- Data not filtered based on the BEx Query Variable values entered.
- When connecting to an SAP BW BEx Query in Lumira, the BEx Query Variable values entered are ignored, and the data is not filtered.
- When executing the same SAP BW BEx Query in BEx Analyzer, it does filter the data based on the values entered in the variable.
- SAP Lumira Desktop 1.27 and higher
Reproducing the Issue
- In SAP Lumira Desktop, create a new connection, and select: "Download from SAP Business Warehouse"
- Select the SAP BW System to connect to.
- Select a BW BEx Query that contains at least one variable.
- When prompted by the variable, select a value to filter the data.
- In Lumira, notice the data is not filtered based on the BEx Query Variable value selected.
- The SAP BW BEx Query variable filter was defined in the Default Values section in the BEx Query Designer.
- Defining a variable in the Default Value section of a BEx Query, does not to filter the data, but it actually brings back all the data in BEx Analyzer, and filter the intial view of the data based the value selected in the variable. This enable the user to change the filter value without hitting the SAP BW Cube again, as all the data is brought back to BEx Analyzer. And this is why a variable defined under the Default Value Filter, does not filter any data in Lumira because the BEx Query actually returns all the data, and also because it does not have the concept of intial view like in BEx Analyzer.
- Lumira does not support Default values filters, for a list of BEx Query functionalities that are supported in Lumira, see the following SAP Knowledge Base Article:
2185209 - What are the BEx Query functionalities supported in Lumira?
- To filter the data based on the value entered in the BEx Query Variable, modify the SAP BW BEx Query in the BEx Query Designer and move the variable from the "Default Value" section to the "Characteristic Restrictions" section. To do so, follow the general steps below:
- Open the SAP BW BEx Query in the BEx Query Designer.
- In the SAP BW BEx Query Designer, move the variable from the "Default Values" section to the "Characteristic Restrictions" section.
- Save the SAP BW BEx Query.
Lumira, BEx Query , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem
SAP Lumira, desktop edition 1.0