When you import numeric values to Employee Central and those values contain 4 or more decimal places you see that they have been truncated and rounded to 3 decimal places in Employee Central.
SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
This issue can be reproduced for any field with type double.
- Create a Recurring Pay Component import file
- Enter a value for paycompvalue (Amount) containing 4 or more decimal places
- Import the file
- View the user's Compensation Information in Employee Central and see that value was truncated to 3 decimal places
By default, Employee Central will round decimal values to 2 decimal places.
You can Change this by performing the following steps:
- Go to Manage Business Configuration;
- Select payComponentRecurring;
- For the paycompvalue add the maximum fraction digits (you can select make it up to 5 fraction digits).
- Save your changes;
- Now go to Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures;
- There you need to make sure that you also set the fraction digits in the field "Maximum Decimal Places" for each pay component you want to use that fraction digits.
EC, rounding, fractions, truncated, lost, missing, incorrect, numbers, digits, fraction , KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem