When you click the Field Definition link, while editing extension fields, you get the following error message: 'Retrieval of field properties failed'.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the screen where the Extension Field is located.
- Click Adapt.
- Click Edit Master layout.
- Hover the mouse in the Extension Field.
- Click in the Wrench Icon and select the Field Definition link.
- The error message 'Retrieve Field Properties - Retrieval of field properties failed' will appear.
This error is shown only in PDI created Extension Fields or if your user is a development user.
Development users do not have permission to perform KUT changes.
To change the field settings, you need to use the SDK (SAP Cloud Applications Studio) and edit the field.
If your business user does not have PDI access rights and still are receiving this error, please open an incident providing the user name, the field name and exact location.
Retrieval; Field; Properties; Failed; KUT; User; Development; PDI; Error; Extension; , KBA , LOD-CRM , Cloud for Customer , How To