You get an error message when validating an Electronic Financial Reporting XBRL - File in Excel: 'File incomplete. Use an official excel template. XBRL means eXtensible Business Reporting Language and is similar to XML forma't.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- You have already made the Electronic Report Run and the XBRL File in XML format has been created.
- Open Microsoft Excel and select SAP ERP Client for E-Bilanz.
- Import the XBRL File by clicking on Import XBRL-Datei. (This means Import XBRL File in English, this tool is available in German only - therefore the description is in German).
- Now press Validierung (English: Validation).
- An error message is raised: File incomplete. Use an official Microsoft Excel template.
This can have multiple reasons. See below:
- Some installation requirements have not been fulfilled. A Microsoft Visual C++ Language Pack is missing - the most recent one is Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for VS2013 x86.
- This must be a 32-bit Microsoft Excel runtime version, 64 bit version is not working.
- Some DLL Files from SAP ERP Client for E-Bilanz (ERIC_DLL folder) are not stored correctly in the Microsoft Excel Installation Folder. You can find the ERIC_DLL folder in C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\SAP\SAP ERP Client for E-Bilanz\ERIC_DLL. Since the folder is hidden make sure to display hidden files in the options of the Windows Explorer.
- An old version of Microsoft Excel is installed - it should be Microsoft Excel 2016.
- There are not enough Authorization Rights for your computer.
- Verify if the version of the SAP ERP Client for E-Bilanz (Eric Client) is the newest (currently 22.214.171.124) by clicking the i-Button in SAP ERP Client for E-Bilanz.
- We recommend to install the newest version of Microsoft Excel 2016.
- You need to use the 32-bit version.
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for VS2013 x86.
- Install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.
- Make sure Microsoft Office is closed during Installation.
- Copy ERIC_DLL files from SAP ERP Client for E-Bilanz into Microsoft Excel Installation Folder.
- Make sure your computer has enough Authorization Rights (Administration Rights recommended).
E-Bilanz, File Incomplete , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Product Enhancement