- After starting Lumira Server, it goes into Failed state.
- Lumira Server property indicates "This server is considered failed because it has stopped 5 time(s) in 60 minute(s)".
- In BI Platform logging directory, the latest trace log from Lumira Server is the JVM log (LS_<node-name>.LumiraServer_jvm.log). The following entry is recorded:
- Error occurred during initialization of VM
[Last 4000 events in the event buffer]
<thread> <time> <id> <description>
9488 0.08 0x00000001 Creating red and yellow zone [0x0000000001070000,0x0000000001073000]
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) Platform 4.1, SP04 onwards
- SAP Lumira Server, for BI Platform, version 1.27 (or earlier)
- Windows Server operating system
Reproducing the Issue
- Install Lumira Server for BI Platform on top of an existing BI Platform
- After install, Lumira Server fails to start
- Manually starting Lumira Server results in the same behaviour.
The installation of Lumira Server for BI Platform is corrupted.
In order to find out where the corruption is, please check the following directories on the non-working environment and compare with a working one. If you don't have a working environment, please submit a new incident to SAP Support and work with a support engineer to find out. Specifically, please compare the size and the number of files and folders.
Note that the paths below are the default values. They may be different on your own server.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\sapjvm_7
- C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\pjs\container\plugins
- C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\pjs\services\TeamServerPJSService\lib
- C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\pjs\container\work\<node_name>.LumiraServer (Note: this folder can be deleted and will get re-created once the Lumira Server is restarted)
If the folder size is smaller, or the number of files/folders are fewer than a working environment, then do the following:
- Back up the existing corrupted folder by copying it to another location
- Copy the same folder from the working environment
- Replace the corrupted folder
- Restart the Server Intelligence Agent (SIA).
- Check Lumira Server status in Central Management Console (CMC), or Central Configuration Manager (CCM).
bi4, bi41, bi4.1, bi 4.1, ls4bip, lum, srv, svr, lumira server, ls4bip, teamserver, team server, addon, add-on, add on, unable, cannot, can't, not, working, start, initialize, run, failed, fails, failing, java, error, issue, problem, , KBA , BI-LUM-SRV-BIP , SAP Lumira Server for BI Platform , Problem