Error Appears While Uploading Supplier Invoices
You are trying to import the supplier invoices using Microsoft excel template, however error appears when you select Save Data To button.
Error: The remote Server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Entry view.
- Select the New button and choose the Import from Microsoft Excel.
- In the upload excel template, navigate to SAP Business ByDesign tab and logon into the system.
- Fill the required details and select the Save Data To button.
- System throws an error message.
In the invoice template, you have not filled the mandatory or the required fields and this leads to an error messages or you would have not followed the accepted format for any of the fields.
While importing the supplier invoices using Microsoft excel template, please fill the mandatory and required fields to make the upload successful.
- Buying Company: Enter the Company ID
- Type Code: Choose Invoice or Credit Memo
- Supplier ID: Enter Supplier ID
- Document Date: Enter Date format in DD/MM/YYYY.
- Currency: Select the currency from the selection.
- Invoice Entry: Select Gross / Net.
Apart from these mandatory fields, make sure you enter the below required fields also;
- Receipt Date: Enter Date format in DD/MM/YYYY
- Document Date: Enter Date format in DD/MM/YYYY
- Posting Date: Enter Date format in DD/MM/YYYY
- Bill From and Bill To.
- Ship-From and Ship-To location.
- Data Entry: Make sure whether you want to Post or Save the uploaded Invoice.
- In the Supplier Invoice line item section; Enter Item Type. Invoice Item or Credit Memo Item etc.
- Enter the Product ID & Description.
- Enter Product Type.
- Enter Product Category field.
- Tax Code, Tax Country.
- Enter Quantity, Unit.
- Based on the Invoice Entry selection (Net/Gross) enter Net Price, Net Value.
- Enter account assignment details like, G/L Account, Service Order, Customer Contract, Cost center, Individual Material, Project Task ID, Sales Order etc.
- Make sure to enter the Ship-From and Ship-To location at item line.
Also consider the below points
1.Please download the template each time you have to upload the invoices( you may have an excel saved where you entered all details however while uploading use new excel every time)
2.To find if every thing is fine with details you entered , for first line/row please enter the data in each cell one after the other manually and in the fields which have a drop down choose using Drop down for one item .Then if this error appears you will have to cross check each field you entered to correct them and then you can accordingly fill up all other lines by copy pasting the details in the same format
3.Do not add new sheets to the template.
4.Create Manual Supplier invoice using the same details as that of the excel template and click on check button in the invoice and you shall see errors if any, then you can change accordingly template details.
Error Appears While Uploading Supplier Invoices, Supplier invoice Excel template, Supplier invoice excel upload , KBA , error appears while uploading supplier i , supplier invoice excel template , supplier invoice excel upload , supplier invoice excel error , AP-SIP-SIV , Supplier Invoice , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , Product Enhancement