Customer invoices have been paid in the system using incoming direct debit. These payments are now confirmed in an automatic bank statement.
After posting the statement you notice that transactions are still in status Postprocessing: Required. Created payment allocations are still in status In Preparation.
Since bank account data, payment methods, dates and payment amounts match your expectation is an automatic allocation of concerned transactions.
Reproducing the Issue
You can access relevant payment allocation(s) either in:
- Go to the Payment Management work center.
- Navigate to the Payment Allocations view.
- Select the relevant Payment Allocation having the status In Preparation.
or via the posted bank statement:
- Go to the Liquidity Management work center.
- Open the Bank Statements view.
- Navigate to the relevant bank statement and Edit.
- Follow the Postprocessing: Required link to access the relevant payment allocation.
With every bank statement transaction an External Transaction Code is provided signifying the applied Payment Method.
The matching of External Transaction Code as in the statement and Payment Method in the system - in this case suggests the clearing of an open receivable rather than the allocation against an already existing payment.
A translation of External Transaction Code: Direct Debit (e.g. SEPA direct debit (single posting)) into Payment Method Payment: Processing - Of Incoming Bank Transfer facilitates the automatic allocation and clearing against an open receivable - not an existing direct debit payment.
The definition as to whether an open receivable should be cleared or an existing payment should be allocated to - has to be made in the Business Configuration.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Open Activity List and select Automatically Generated Bank Statements.
- Choose Edit import formats for automatic generated bank statements.
- Mark the relevant Import Format (e.g. MT940) and navigate to the grid matching External Transaction Codes and Payment Methods.
- Highlight the row representing the relevant External Transaction Code as specified in the bank statement (e.g. SEPA direct debit (single posting)).
If an automatic allocation against existing direct debit payment(s) is intended the associated Payment Method has to be changed to Payment Processing - Of Incoming Direct Debit.
Note that this document describes the opposite scenario as outlined in case document:
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To