- ASE reports Error 940 with a stack trace after killing a process (spid):
Error: 940, Severity: 26, State: 52
Dbtable in wrong state for operation: DBTABLE pointer = 0x0x2aadb7dd2a80, dbid = 2, state = 0x2, status= 0xc, keep = -1, system task keep = 0, name = 'tempdb'.
- Keep Count in the error message should be 0 (keep = 0)
- Stack trace shows the module dbt__clear_cached_pss_dbts(), Most important one would be dbt_unkeep
- Error 940 was followed by Error 6103 (while running a stored procedure "Dbtable in wrong state for Operation" followed by a stack trace and the process being terminated. May leave phantom process):
Error: 6103, Severity: 17, State: 1
Unable to do cleanup for the killed process; received Msg 940
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
CR777296, CR#777296, 777296, stacktrace, phantom, worktable, 32k, wrong state, keepcnt, dbt_unkeep , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.