While attempting to run a job right away, such as in the Manage Assignments tool, a validation error is shown:
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
The action you are trying to perform is affecting too many records and it exceeds the threshold for online processing. Please schedule this action to run in the background
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Access Learning Administration
- Go to Manage User Learning-> Manage Assignments
- Select any option from the Add menus to assign Curriculum/Items/Competencies etc. to Learners. For example, we are selecting "Add Items" here. Click next.
- Add more than 5 users and click next step
- Add items to be assigned to Learners
- You may edit item information in step 4. Click next
- In step 5, to run the job immediately select "Run Job Now" button. You will get Validation error on the page.
The online processing threshold is defind by configuration setting "onlineOperationMaxRecordsCount" in LMS_ADMIN configuration file. By default the value is set to 5.
By default the application will look at the amount of records that will be impacted by a job and cross reference the "onlineOperationMaxRecordsCount" setting. It is not recommended to modify the default value of 5.
Most jobs that have the ability to "Run Job Now" and "Schedule Job" will be impacted by this setting. Examples include:
- Manage Assignments
- Edit Required Dates
- Add Learning History
- Import Content
There are some jobs that do not adhere to this setting such as:
- Automatic Processes
It is advised that if seeing the above validation error, to choose to schedule the job.
User Needs Management, validation error, affecting too many records, exceeds the threshold for online processing, onlineOperationMaxRecordsCount, lms, sf, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-BCJ , Assign (bulk), Add/ Delete Sub/ Cur, Revise, Import , Problem