- When running command "alter thread pool" to increase number of engine threads in ASE
- Not all engines requested come online
With the ASE errorlog reporting these messages :
Thread creation failed to allocate an engine.
Could not allocate memory for dynamic engine.
- Output from sp_helpthread shows a difference between values for CurrentSize and TargetSize :
Name Type CurrentSize TargetSize
my_pool Engine (Multiplexed) 4 6
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
CR705516, CR#705516, 705516, kernel, resource, memory, consistancy, check, 16746 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.