- How to grant permission to Employee Import via RBP?
- Option Employee Import is not availble
- How to access Employee Import?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Employee Import permissions are controlled via 'Manage Employee Import' in Admin Center. Since Q2 2015 release an option to control Employee Import via RBP was introduced (this is a Provisioning Opt-in). Please, follow the steps below to grant Employee Import permission via RBP.
- "Enable Control Employee Import Permission in RBP" feature needs to be enabled in your instance. This can be turned on using 2 ways:
A. Via Provisioning (Contact SAP Support or your Partner to enable the below option via Provisioning)
- Navigate to Provisioning > Company Settings
- Search for "Enable Control Employee Import Permission in RBP" switch > Click the checkbox on the left side of the feature name > Click "Save" button.
B. Via Admin Center > Platform Feature Settings (starting b2005 release)
- Ensure that you have permissions to Platform Feature Settings. Please refer to KBA 2251324 - How to enable Platform Feature Settings
- Navigate to Admin Center > Platform Feature Settings > Check 'Enable Control Employee Import Permission in RBP'.
The Enable Control on Employee Import in Role-Based Permissions option is not enabled by default, and is only shown in the instances that have Employee-Central disabled. Please refer to SAP Help Permissions for Importing Users
- Click "Save".
2. Once this option is enabled 'Employee Import' is available under 'Manage User'. Go to the permission role > Click on Permissions > Manage User > Check the option 'Employee Import' > Click 'Finished' > Click 'Save Changes' to grant this permission to a particular role.
- Permissions granted via RBP may take upto 24 hours to reflect.
- Once you have enabled this option, you will be able to control permissions ONLY via RBP. 'Manage Employee Import' will no longer be available.
- If you haven't chosen this option, you can continue to use 'Manage Employee Import' for granting permissions to perform employee import to individual users.
- The option "Employee Import" is available only for non-EC instances. It is used for Basic user import when EC is not enabled in an instance. Hence, if EC is enabled in an instance, "Employee Import" will not be available.
import, employee import, RBP, Role Based Permissions, Manage User,Allow users to view all the jobs, Monitor Jobs, View Jobs, employee import permission , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Import Employee Data (EC Core only) , How To