System throws following error during Consumption of Stock:
Negative stock not allowed in logistics area XYZ.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go To Internal Logistics WorkCenter
- Select the Common Task: Consumption for Cost Center
- Enter the stock details
- At the Review step, system throws error message: Negative stock not allowed in logistics area XYZ
Display Decimals is set to X in Physical Units of Measurement settings in Business Configuration whereas the actual quantity of stock has decimals Y.
For Instance, for Unit of Measure - Kg - the Display Decimals allowed is 3. Meaning that if the actual On-hand quantity is 0,0008, the system will round-off to nearest 3 decimals, resulting on 0,001.
The issue occurs because you have less stock that displayed, due to this rounding.
You can change the decimal settings maintained in Physical Units of Measurement settings in Business Configuration. Here, you will have to increase the decimals allowed to 4 or 5.
To achieve this settings, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Go To Business Configuration Work Center
- Go To Implementation Projects View
- Select the Project and select Open Activity List
- Navigate to Fine-tuning tab
- Show All Activities and search for Quantities and Units of Measure
- Select Physical Units of Measurement
- Search for the diseried Unit of Measure and change the field Display Decimals to the desired value
- Save the changes
Now, the stock can be consumed.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To