What is the difference between Credit Hours, Total Hours, Contact Hours, CPE Hours and Length?
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- Credit Hours - The number of hours that a user earns for completing a Learning event. For example, in many U.S. colleges, students attend a single class for 15 weeks, 3 days each week, and 1 hour each day. In this case, the total hours equals 45; however, the college grants 3 credit hours for this class
- Contact Hours - The total number of hours that you expect a user to have contact with an instructor. For example, if you set up a blended learning item that has 8 total hours and, for 6 of those hours, you expect the user to be in an instructor-led segment, then the contact hours equals 6. Often applies to Blended courses where you may want to track the total number of contact hours
- Total Hours - The value specified on the Length field is copied here when recording Learning Event. This can be overwritten when recording the event. The Total Hours type is the total number of hours that you expect a user to be engaged in completing a learning event. If the course is divided into segments of time, the system defaults total hours to the sum of the time in all the segments. The hours to sum differ slightly depending on what you are recording. If the user attended a specific course (scheduled offering), then the system calculates the difference between the start and end times of each segment, adds those values, and places that in the Total Hours box. If the user attended a course that doesn't have a specific record in the system and you are recording against the default settings for the courses (an item) then the system adds the duration values for each segment in the default (item) record and places that in the Total Hours box.
- CPE Hours - CPE is an abbreviation for "Continuing Professional Education." CPE refers to learning activities that users perform to maintain and expand the skills that their profession demands. Therefore, CPE hours are very much like credit hours Credit hours are the number of hours that a user earns for completing a learning event. For example, in many U.S. colleges, students attend a single class for 15 weeks, 3 days each week, and 1 hour each day. In this case, the total hours equals 45; however, the college grants 3 credit hours for this class., but the accumulation of CPE hours often leads to a professional certification.
- Length - Total number of hours from the sum of hours from all segments. This can be overwritten at the Item level.
More information can be found in the Types of Learning Hours.
learning, history, report, credit, hours, contact, cpe, total, add, learning, history , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , How To