How to Create a Super Admin from Provisioning?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
When should I request for a SUPER ADMIN user to be created from the backend (Provisioning)?
- The super admin creation request for support comes from customer / Partner and are processed by support only if they (none of the users and admins) are not able to login to their instance.
- Customer was unable to receive the notification containing the System Details and Initial User Credentials after the tenant is created. This is normally caused by incorrect SuccessFactors IT Contact maintained in the SPC System. Should you request to update the IT Contact details for your SF Tenant, please open an incident to "LOD-SF-PLT" queue. [For support, please refer to the internal memo on this KBA]
How to request for a SUPER ADMIN to be created from Provisioning?
1. FOR PARTNERS / CONSULTANTS
REQUIRED: Please request for customer approval prior to creating an Admin User from Provisioning.
To create a super admin user from our end, please, follow the steps:
- Please navigate to Provisioning;
- Click in Company ID;
- In Edit Company Settings, click in Company Settings;
- Navigate to the section below (Admin Username):
- Please enter the details as per your requirements in the above seen section considering below points:
- The userName used here should be unique, it should not exist in this instance at all;
- The email ID mentioned should be a valid one;
- Mark the box "I confirm that customer has provide approval of Super Admin user account creation."
- Provide a customer email address in the "Notifiy customer by email when the Super Admin user is created. Input email address:" field.
- Click in Create Admin button.
- You will see a message at the top: 1 Admin User Created
2. For CUSTOMERS/END USERS
REQUIRED: A customer approval is required to be provided on the incident together with an "Email Address". Domain should be the same as the CUSTOMER NAME, for example: FirstnameLastname@company.com
1. Customer submits an incident to support under component "LOD-SF-PLT".
2. Customer sends their approval on the incident together with the required details:
- Email address where the notification and the credentials will be sent to
- CompanyID and Data Center where the new user will be created
3. CPS team to proceed with creating a SUPER ADMIN from provisioning by following the steps above (Same steps enumerated for Partners/Consultants).
4. Once the admin user is created, the system notifies the customer by sending an email to inform that a new admin user has been created in their instance from provisioning (backend).
5. CPS team to send the credentials to the email address provided by the customer.
6. After creating the admin user, you can log in to the instance. Note that the new user created will have no permissions. You may use this account to grant access to modify Role Based Permissions by adding this user in the Manage Role-Base Permission Access Page [Reference: KBA 2344584 - Access to Role-Based Permission Admin features]
7. Once the new admin user has access to Role Based Permission, you may use this account to modify the existing RBP Groups and Roles to grant access to other users within your system.
Warning: If you have configured the single recipient e-mail feature the create super admin from provisioning will not be possible you will receive a "Exception in creating an admin user: failed to send email" message. To proceed you may temporarily disable the feature to create the super admin.
Super admin, User with all access, Admin Permissions to one user from Provisioning, new user in Provisioning , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-PRV , Provisioning Changes , How To