- sp_who shows spids with a status of MAINTENANCE TOKEN which never die.
- Spids can be killed but will not go away on their own after the client has disconnected.
- ASE may also see messages in the errorlog like these:
ncheck_checkconn: Unable to identify thread for fd 81
ncheck_quit: no pid associated with fd 207, vsn = 229, socket type = 2
- This is often due to port scanners accessing the ASE listener port or some other form of 'ping' utility, including Sybase Central.
- For Business Suite environment, performance issue may be seen together with short dumps with Runtime errors DBIF_DSQL2_SQL_ERROR 30012
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 SP134 / SP136
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP01
keepalive, CR786256, CR#786256, 786256, CR786540, 786540, CR#786540, MAINTENANCETOKEN, ncheck quit, ncheck checkconn, sp id, sp who, spid hanging, dead spid, auditing enable , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.