- Using "ALTER TABLE ADD column_name IDENTITY" command sets wrong attributes in the syscolumns system table
- The following syscolumns fields are incorrect:
- datatype = 108 (numericn), should be 63
- offset = -11 (negative) and should be positive since the identity is fixed length
- maxlen is off by one extra byte
- When using ENABLE_BULK_LOAD in jConnect these errors can occur:
- Server has encountered badly formatted rows from bulk copy. Could not locate the row position reserved for the insertion of the identity value.
- Attempt to insert NULL value into column some_id, table some_table; column does not allow nulls.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 and 16.0
- jConnect 7.07 (versions might produce different errors)
- JVM 1.7
jConn, bcp, bulkload, Software Developer Kit, CR 786104, CR 786104, CR 786104, CR786122, CR#786122, 786122 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.