You would like to know how you can reverse the depreciation postings for an asset.
SAP Business ByDesign.
- Go to Fixed Asset work center
- Select Fixed Asset view
- Search for the asset for which you would like to reverse the deprecation
- Click on Edit and select Master Data
- Navigate to Asset Valuation sub-tab
- Select the row with the Set of Books and Valuation View combination
- Under the Current Valuation View Parameters section change the depreciation method to 0000 - No automatic depreciation
- If required change the Depreciation Method for other Valuation Views
- Click on Save.
Note that the depreciation method is time-based. If you would like to reverse an automatic depreciation for a specific period of time, you may create new Valuation Interval with depreciation method to 0000 - No automatic depreciation. Once depreciation is execution for the Valuation Interval with 0000 - No automatic depreciation then the corresponding depreciation is reversed.
Execute the depreciation run again for the fixed asset. With this new run the system will reverse the depreciation posted for the asset.
Reverse Depreciation. Depreciation Run. Fixed Asset. , KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To