- What is the maxiumum attachment space available in the Learning Management System?
- Administrator receives an email stating the attachment utilisation has exceeded the threshold percentage after the run of the Attachment Quota Watch Notification APM.
- This APM is set up under System Administration > Automatic Processes> Exceeded Attachment Space Email Notification.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System
Reproducing the Issue
- When there are many attachments in the system, such as the one for the Learning History records for the users, the attachment utilisation quota in the system keeps building up, resulting in crossing the threshold value.
- As a result of this, the administrator receives an email, as per the ApmAttachmentQuotaWatch template, stating that the utilisation percentage for the attachments has exceeded the threshold value.
- This happens when there are a number of attachments that have caused the utilisation percentage to almost reach its maximum value set on 'totalAttachmentsSpaceAllocatedKB' configuration.
- The statistics can be viewed under System Management Tools > Attachments Utilization > Show Statistics.
- The purge button is to purge all the attachments in the system that were added before the date mentioned in the Before Date field.
- If you click Purge, then the system removes all of the attachments from the associated records if the files were attached before, but not including, the date you entered.
- If you plan to purge attachments, then it is recommended to check and double-check the dates because a purge cannot be reversed.
The options are available:
- Purge the Attachments before a certain date as mentioned earlier; however, if it is planned to purge attachments, then check and double-check because a purge can't be undone.
- The other solution to this would be to navigate, as below, and change the 'totalAttachmentsSpaceAllocatedKB' property from the ATTACHMENT config file.
System Administration > Configuration > System Configuration > ATTACHMENT
- The totalAttachmentSpaceAllocatedKB property value is the total amount of space (in KB) allowed in the database for attachments.
- Set it to a reasonable number to keep your database growth under control.
- The attachments quota watch notification notifies an administrator when the size of the attachments in the database reaches a percentage of the total space allocated here.
Attachment Utilisation, quota watch notification,file size, space, allocation, kb, mb, kal, kac, SF, Success Factors, LMS , KBA , lmsadminui , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , How To