- No option to connect to BEx Query in Lumira.
- Where is the connection for SAP BW BEx Query in Lumira?
- How to connect to a BEx Query or InfoCube in Lumira?
- Used to be able to connect to a BEx Query in previous version of Lumira, but the connection is no longer available after applying an update.
- SAP Lumira Desktop 1.27 and higher
Reproducing the Issue
- In SAP Lumira, create a new document by selecting "New" under the menu "File"
- In the "Add new dataset" window, there is no option to connect to an SAP BW BEx Query.
- In SAP Lumira 1.27 and above, there is no SAP BW Connection available by default.
- The SAP BW Connection is a Data Extension that can be added to SAP Lumira.
- To add the connectivity to SAP BW BEx Query or InfoCube, add the Data Extension "Download from SAP Business Warehouse":
- Open SAP Lumira 1.27 or higher.
- Under the menu "File", select "Extensions"
- In the "Extension Manager", click on the install button for the data extensions "Download data from SAP Business Warehouse"
- Once it is installed, it is required to close SAP Lumira, and restart it to start using the SAP BW Connectivity.
Therefore, click on the "X" button in the upper right corner of the "Extension Manager" window to close it.
- Then to close Lumira Desktop, select "Exit" under the menu "File".
- Start SAP Lumira Desktop, and when creating a new document, select "Download from SAP Business Warehouse"
to connect to an SAP BW BEx Query or an InfoCube.
Lumira, SAP BW, BEx Query , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem
SAP Lumira, desktop edition 1.0