- Unable to open a document in Lumira.
- When attempting to open a document based on a BEx Query in Lumira, it fails with the error: Dataset refresh failed.
- Before applying the latest Lumira update, it was possible to view the document based on SAP BW BEx Query.
- SAP Lumira Desktop 1.27 and higher
Reproducing the Issue
- In SAP Lumira Desktop 1.25 and lower, create a document based on an SAP BW BEx Query.
- Save the document.
- Apply the latest SAP Lumira product update 1.27 or higher.
- When attempting to view the document based on the SAP BW BEx Query, it fails and display the error:
"Dataset refresh failed"
- The SAP BW connection used to connect to SAP BW Query and InfoProvider called: "Connect to SAP Business Warehouse" has been deprecated has of SAP Lumira 1.27
- Since the connection no longer exist, the document created in SAP Lumira 1.25 and below using this SAP BW connection fails to open.
- In SAP Lumira 1.27, a new and improved SAP BW connection has been created to replace the previous connection called "Connect to SAP Business Warehouse"
- To connect to an SAP BW BEx Query from Lumira 1.27 and higher, add the Data Connection: "Download from SAP Business Warehouse"
2184813 - How to add the SAP BW Connection in Lumira?
- Lumira document created in Lumira 1.25 and lower using the SAP BW connection "Connect to SAP Business Warehouse", can unfortunately not be open in Lumira 1.27 and above, nor can it be converted to the new SAP BW Connection called "Download from SAP Business Warehouse". To open those document use Lumira 1.25 or lower.
SAP BW, BEx Query, Lumira , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem
SAP Lumira, desktop edition 1.0