When trying to import picklist records to the master picklist you receive this error during import:
"Error communicating with the server. Please contact customer support.
Picklist already in use: [picklist id]"
SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a picklist import file with new picklist items
- The picklistID for these new items already exists but the external_code is unique
- Select Yes for the option "Are all Picklist items new?"
The items being imported are new, but they are being added to an existing PicklistID.
The option "Are all Picklist items new?" should only be set to Yes if the Picklist ID does not currently exist in the picklist.
- Select No for "Are all Picklist items new?".
- The OptionID for each picklist item being imported should be left blank so the system will recognize them as new.
KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem