You are trying to add or remove a specific question from scope. However, it cannot be changed because the checkbox is grayed out.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Access the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the relevant implementation project.
- Click Edit Project Scope.
- Go to the Questions section.
- Find the relevant question.
- The checkbox is disabled.
There are three main reasons why it is not possible to edit a specific scoping question.
- The status of the project is different than Started.
Some questions and fine-tuning activities are not editable when the status of the project is different from Started (Merged, Activated, etc.).
- The question is marked as Protected on tab Dependency.
The elements marked as Protected cannot be removed from scope after the system has gone live.
- There is a dependency of other elements on tab Dependency
Some elements can cause automatic selection or de-selection of other elements.
- For case a: Create and/or use a change project.
- For case c: Check what are the dependencies to scope the relevant element and check or uncheck them.
- In case the issue is not any of the ones listed above, please send the incident to SAP Support for further investigation.
Scoping, Edit, Activity , KBA , the element is selected and protected , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To