LMS will not allow admin to create a Schedule Offering on a non working day. Generates an error stating 'non-working day' while creating the Schedule Offering
SAP SuccessFactors Learning - All Supported Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Creating a Schedule Only or Blended Item and then trying to create a Schedule Offering without any Facility information specified for the same.
- The system by default takes Saturday and Sunday as a non working day.
- Therefore if anyone tries to create a Schedule Offering on Saturday or Sunday, without any Facility information specified for the new Schedule Offering, the system gives Non-Working day error
The cause for this is that the system has a default setting for Saturday and Sunday being a non working day and hence the error.
The resolution for this would be to create a work week profile as per your requirement based on the working days for the organization. Different Organizations have different working days for the week.
- We can create Work week profiles under References > Calendars and Time >Work Week Profile.
- Here we can add a new work week profile and choose the working days of the week.
- Once this Work week profile is added, we need to associate this work week profile to a Facility under References > Physical Resources > Facilities where the Schedule Offering is going to be held as per the screen shot below:
- Now when we create a Schedule Offering and select the Facility, it will consider the working days of the week as per the work week profile associated with the Facility. This way we can choose the working days of the week that we wish to have.
Work Week Profile, Non Working day, work week, Physical Resources, Facilities, Calendars and Time , KBA , lmsadminui , LOD-SF-LMS-SCH , Scheduled Offerings , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , How To