- Columns shifts to the left.
- Before applying a product update, the columns where perfectly aligned when exporting to MS Excel - Data Only.
When exporting a report from Crystal Reports to MS Excel - Data Only, some columns that contains no values or NULL, are shifted to the left, if the data is coming from a subreport.
- Crystal Reports 2008 - Service Pack 7
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crsytal Reports, create a report on any data source.
- Insert a subreport in the Report Footer based on any data source that contains some data with NULL or empty value.
- Ensure that all the rows of data are aligned properly with the headers.
- Export the report to MS Excel - Data Only.
- When opening the report in MS Excel, the columns are shifted to the left for the rows where they is NULL or empty data.
- This issue only occurs when the report contains a subreport with empty database field values, and when selecting the exporting format: "MS Excel Data-Only" with the following options checked:
- Export object formatting
- Maintain column alignment
- Simplify page headers
- This issue has been tracked under SAP Note 2111877
- The issue is resolved in the following product update:
- Crystal Reports 2008:
- Service Pack 07 - Fix Pack 7.3
- Crystal Reports 2013:
- Support Pack 06 and above
xls, CR, Excel, export , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013