- Update transaction running in a SAP IQ 15.2 MPX writer node is not responding or completing
- Subsequent transactions that need to update the same tables become stuck waiting on the initially hung transaction to complete
- Monitoring output from stored procedure sp_iqtransaction, sp_iqcontext and sp_iqlocks shows a long running update transaction stuck with an OPENCURSOR in a PREPARED state that does not move. It will also show subsequent transactions requiring locks on the same table resources becoming stuck waiting on the completion of the initial transaction.
- Eventually all connections and context slots in the IQ server become full and no further connections are serviced giving the impression that the entire IQ server is now hung
- Capturing pstacks of the IQ process show one or more threads stuck in a loop on a call to s_phash::ReHashInternal similar to the following
----------------- lwp# 166 / thread# 166 --------------------
fffffd7fe68b370a __1cHs_phashOReHashInternal6M_i_ () + 110a
fffffd7fe68aa38d __1cHs_phashRInsertKeyIfUnique6MpkpknJhos_datum__i_ () + 2d
fffffd7fe5d7ab52 __1cUdfe_ManyCachedValuesIEvaluate6M_v_ () + b2
fffffd7fe5d9a455 __1cSdfe_CountAggregateJNextValue6M_v_ () + 65
fffffd7fe5f10738 __1cSdfo_GroupByOrderedJFetchOpus6M_i_ () + 678
fffffd7fe5e8b08e __1cPdfjo_HashParaT1JFetchOpus6M_i_ () + 6fe
fffffd7fe5fa3aab __1cSdfo_cOrderByParaInIExecWork6MriI_i_ () + 51b
fffffd7fe63af9e6 __1cNworkAllocatorGDoWork6MI_v_ () + 216
fffffd7ffe8f55b5 ???????? ()
fffffd7ffe10da9b _thr_setup () + 5b
fffffd7ffe10dcd0 _lwp_start ()
- Eventually the server may become unresponsive and requires a kill and restart which clears the problem.
SAP IQ 15.2
SAP Sybase IQ 15.2
KBA , BC-SYB-IQ , Sybase IQ , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.