Crystal Reports designer crashes.
- When refreshing a report based of Salesforce, Crystal Reports crash.
- When attempting to logon to Salesforce, Crystal Reports generates the error: "Crystal Reports has stopped working", and then closes.
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report, and select the data source: "Salesforce.com"
- Enter the Salesforce.com user name and password, and click "Finish"
Crystal Reports may generate the error: "Crystal Reports has stopped working" and the application closes.
- This issue occurs when the user's password needs to be reset due to Salesforce.com security policy set for the user to change the password at a regular interval.
- This workflow is not taken in consideration in Crystal Reports, and it is causing the application to crash.
- This issue has been reproduced at SAP, and has been tracked under SAP Note 2177876
- The issue is resolved in the following product update, and above:
- Crystal Reports 2013:
- Support Pack 07
- Crystal Reports 2016:
- Support Pack 06 - Patch 13
- Support Pack 07 - Patch 8
- Support Pack 08
After applying the update, Crystal Reports designer will no longer crash, but will display a logon failed error due to expired Salesforce password. To successfully logon to Salesforce from Crystal Reports, login to the Salesforce.com website, and change your password as required by Salesforce security policy:
- In a web browser, enter the Salesforce.com url: https://login.salesforce.com/
- Enter the Salesforce.com user name and password. and click "Log in to Salesforce"
- In the "Change Password" screen, enter a new password, and click "Save"
- It will now be possible to successfully connect to Salesforce from Crystal Reports with the new password.
CR, SForce, Salesforce, crash , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016