When you try to post an intercompany journal entry voucher, system raise error message : Intercompany posting between DEF and XYZ not allowed.
(DEF & XYZ represents companies).
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to General Ledger work center
- Select Intercompany Journal Entry Vouchers view
- Click on New and select IC Journal Entry Voucher
- Enter the data
- Click on Simulate
Here system raised error message : Intercompany posting between DEF and XYZ not allowed
You have not enabled inter company journal-entry-voucher postings for partner companies.
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Project view
- Select the project and click on Open activity list
- Go to Fine tune tab
- Search for the activity : Direct Posting to Partner Companies and open the activity
- Under the Intercompany Journal Entry Voucher section, click on Enable Companies
- Here you will notice that Leading Company and Partner Company is mentioned. However the Enabled column has the value False which means companies are enabled for the inter-company Journal Entry Voucher posting or the combination of companies is not mentioned at all.
- Maintain the Leading Company as DEF and Partner Company as XYZ, set the enabled value to True. You can also use value * for the Leading Company and Partner Company - field to enable intercompany posting for all combination of companies available in system.
- Save the changes
Now you should be able to post the Intercompany Journal Entry Voucher for the enabled companies.
Refer to help center document : Direct Posting to Partner Companies – Configuration Guide
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To