System throws the error message Account not found for company XYZ and customer/supplier ABC while creating an Outgoing Check for an employee.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payment Management work center.
- Go to Common Tasks > New Outgoing Check.
- Complete the Company and Payee.
- Select a Payment Amount and the Currency and Bank account ID.
- Click on Assign on Account Payment button.
- Select Customer/Supplier ID and click on OK button.
- System shows up the error message Account not found for company XYZ and customer/supplier ABC.
The error message occurs if this is the first payment done for an employee. This kind of payment to be created without any Expense report or open item (invoice, charge/credit, etc.) is an advance payment which is currently not supported in SAP Business By Design.
To create an Outgoing check for an employee, the Account Determination group 4050 has to be assigned for him/her, you can see this by executing the following steps:
- Go to Payables Work Center.
- Go to Supplier Accounts View.
- Show All Employees.
- Search for the employee you are trying to pay.
- You will see No results can be found.
In order to overcome this situation our suggestion is to create an Expense Report for a very minor value such as 1,00 or even lesser and create a payment for this Expense Report. This way, the Account Determination group 4050 will be automatically assigned to the employee.
Later if you wish then you can cancel this posting and the Expense Report also.
KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , How To