Your requirement is to migrate Location and Logistics Area using the migration tool. Upon migrating, system throws the below error message:
Location XXXXX already exists
*XXXXX represents the Location ID
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Go Implementation Projects view or Overview
- Search and Open the migration activity Migration of Location and Logistics Area
- Select Migrate location and logistics area using the migration tool
- Upload the Migration File
- Execute Migration for the respective Migration File with Migration Mode Add new records
- You receive the error
Migration is failing due to invalid Logistics Area IDs, Storage Control Profile ID, Product ID, etc.
You must check the uniqueness of IDs (for Location and Logistics Areas) and Master Data (like Storage Control Profile, Product etc) before you start the migration.
The Logistics Area IDs should be unique. Maintain the correct data in the migration file and proceed with the migration activity.
Migration of Location and Logistics Area, Logistics Area ID, Location and Logistics Areas, Location already exists, Activation failed , KBA , location id already exists , location and logistics area , logistics area id , location id , AP-LAS-LOA , Logistics Area , How To