Faces feature is a portlet that provides an attractive alternate search option under User Directory, for locating employees in the company. The search will bring up the set of Employee Photos that match the search criteria. Clicking a photo will navigate to the live profile for that employee.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Platform
Users can select values from the filters at the top of Faces view to filter the set of employees, searching by the year of hire, department, Tag, or combination of any of these.
- Start Date drop down will have an “All” option and a year option for all years that any employee started.
- Department drop down will have an “All” option and a department options for all departments.
- If tags are enabled, there will be a “Tag” text field. It will auto complete as the user begins typing a tag.
The number of users found will be displayed below the search criteria fields along with the criteria that were used to search.
This functionality must be enabled through the back-end of your instance. Please contact SuccessFactors Customer Success to enable this feature.
After the Faces feature is enabled in your instance, it is necessary to grant permission to all users to see the employee fields.
If you are using Legacy permission, it is necessary to go through a Configuration Change in the XML code of your instance to grant permission for this functionality. Please contact SuccessFactors Customer Success to apply the required changes.
In case you are using Role-Based Permission, you will need to make sure that you have permission over the field "photo" granted to all users in the instance (at least "View" permission must be granted).
- To do so go to Admin Tools > Set User Permissions > Manage Permission Roles
- Click on “Create new”, to create a new role
- Add a “Role Name” (e.g. All2All View)
- Click on “Permission” button
- Add “View” permission for the elements needed from Employee Data tab (You can enable all of the data view elements or at least enable the view permission for “photo”):
- Click on “Done”
- Click on “Add” under “Grant this role to…” option
- Grant this role to “Everyone (All users)” and target population as “Everyone” also:
- Click on “Done”
- Click on “Save Changes”
Log in to the system again to make the permissions have taken effect. Now you should be able to view the faces feature in the User Directory:
KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , How To