- Error: "A date is required here.", or "A boolean is required here."
When refreshing a report based on Salesforce.com report in Crystal Reports 2013 and above, it fails with a formula error.
- The same report refresh successfully in Crystal Reports 2011 and below.
Data Type is different for some Database Fields when updating a report based on Salesforce.com Stored Procedure from Crystal Reports 2011 or lower, to Crystal Reports 2013.
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports 2011 or lower, create a report based on a Salesforce.com Stored Procedure.
- Add formulas on the report based on a database fields of data type: String, Date, or Date Time.
- Save the report.
- When viewing the report in Crystal Reports 2013, it fails with formula error like:
"A date is required here."
- This issue occurs because Crystal Reports 2013 and above uses a new Salesforce.com driver, and some of the Data Type has changed when reporting on a Salesforce.com Report ( Stored Procedure ):
- Since the Data Type changed for some Database Fields, the formula based on those database field fails.
- This issue has been reproduced at SAP, and has been tracked under SAP Note 2172552
- The issue is resolved in the following product update and above:
- Crystal Reports 2013
- Support Pack 07 - Patch 8
- Support Pack 08 - Patch 4
- Support Pack 09
- Crystal Reports 2016
- Support Pack 02 - Patch 7
- Support Pack 03 - Patch 2
- Support Pack 04
CR, sforce, SForce, checkbox, Boolean , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013