- Desire to have the settings for Languages (Primary & Secondary) and Currency to remain the same within the Catalog search after being changed once manually by a user.
- Expectation that the settings within the catalog search to remain the same as those settings within Options & Settings.
- The language is changed in BizX, however when searching for an item in the Catalog, it is showing in wrong language.
- What is the behavior of the primary and secondary language in the catalog?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- User perspective: User changed the catalog search settings for primary and secondary language.
- User changed the language within Options & Settings. However the language is not being displayed within the catalog search. There are still the settings made in step 1.
Working as designed.
- The Primary language defaults to the user's options and preference.
- The secondary language selector field adds the flexibility for end users to explore courses in another language.
- There is no system default for secondary language in the LMS and can be chosen for any available enabled language in the LMS.
- Once you picked the secondary language, it sticks even when you log out and log back in. The system does remember your selection.
SF, Success Factors, LMS, learning, User Catalog, Change currency, Language, library, primary, secondary , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CAT , Catalog , LOD-SF-LMS-LAN , Language Packs & Translation , How To